WES Expert Panel
Canada's Women Entrepreneurship Strategy is committed to helping women entrepreneurs grow their businesses through access to financing, talent, networks and expertise.
Members have backgrounds that include entrepreneurship (in various sectors), financial expertise, mentorship and academics.
What is the Expert Panel?
The Government of Canada has assembled diverse and talented Canadians to be members of an Expert Panel. The Panel is comprised of experts from the private sector and civil society from across the country, with significant experience, expertise, and knowledge in a range of disciplines. Members have backgrounds that include entrepreneurs (in various sectors), financial experts, mentors and academics.
Members of the Panel will act on a part-time, volunteer basis. To avoid potential conflicts of interest, panel members have been screened.
For further information, please review the WES Expert Panel appointment process.
WES Expert Panel
The selection of recipients under the Women Entrepreneurship Strategy will use a rigorous assessment and selection process in addition to advice provided by the WES Expert Panel.
To create the WES Expert Panel, the Government of Canada sought expressions of interest from diverse and talented Canadians through a public application process. Further details on the application process and requirements for the Selection Committee can be found at Departmental Appointment Opportunities. Applications from a number of highly-qualified candidates were received.
Following this open call for applications, ISED has established the WES Expert Panel. The members will provide diverse viewpoints from across the private sector and civil society, and deliver expert advice on a range of issues, including identifying and providing options to solve gaps in services and supports available to women entrepreneurs in Canada.
The committee will be co-chaired by Laura McGee, Founder and CEO, Diversio and Danièle Henkel, Founder, Daniele Henkel Inc.;
The panelists are:
- Shauna Harper, CEO & Marketing Strategist, Live Work Communications;
- Shannon Pestun, Director, Women's Entrepreneurship, ATB Financial;
- Sharon Zohar, Founder & CEO, The Big Push;
- Maudeleine Myrthil, President, Iweartech; Teacher, Commission scolaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys; and
- Dr. Virginia McGowan, Co-Founder and Partner/Senior Researcher, Writer and Editor at McGowan & Co.: The Write Edit Group; Owner and Sole Proprietor/Author, Speaker, Consultant and Trainer at The Business Mentoring Solution
Ex-officio members include:
- Sheldon Levy (Special Advisor, Small Business and Export Promotion)
- Karen Kastner (Business Development Bank of Canada)
- Wendy Cukier (Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub)
- A member of the Canadian-US Council
Members of the committee will act on a part-time, volunteer basis.
- Date modified: