International policy collaboration
There are a growing number of intergovernmental and other international organizations concerned with the responsible development and application of nanotechnology. These offer valuable opportunities for countries to engage in policy dialogue and collaborate to address issues of shared interest. They also foster opportunities for the harmonization of national approaches, where appropriate. Listed here are some of the groups in which Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada is involved which address issues relevant to innovation and commercialization activities involving nanotechnology.
- Canada-US Regulatory Cooperation Council
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)—Nanotechnology standards development
- OECD working party on nanotechnology
- International council on nanotechnology
- OECD Working party on manufactured nanomaterials
- Date modified: