We are responsible for all policies, procedures and services relating to the administration of the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act for Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada.
What does this mean for you?
- We receive and respond to written requests submitted under the Access to Information Act and/or the Privacy Act.
- We ensure that your rights under these two Acts are respected.
- We ensure that Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada is compliant with the provisions set out in both Acts.
- We work with you and assist you in understanding how to access records that are held by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada, and we explain how we administer these Acts.
- We explain how these Acts work and why some information may not be accessible.
- We provide advice concerning the type of information held under the control of the department.
- We provide advice concerning your right of complaint to the Information Commissioner and to the Privacy Commissioner.
- We monitor and report to Parliament on Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada's performance in administering these Acts.
- Our annual reports are found at Information and Privacy Rights Administration (IPRA): Publications
Should you have any questions concerning our business practices related to the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act, please contact us at:
Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Services
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
C.D. Howe Building
2nd Floor, West Tower
235 Queen Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0H5
- Date modified: