Language selection


You owe money —
Unclaimed funds

Some unclaimed funds collected during a bankruptcy are turned over to the Superintendent of Bankruptcy because the bankrupt cannot be located. The Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB) will pay the funds to the debtor upon a proven claim.

If your Licensed Insolvency Trustee (LIT) informed you there are some unclaimed funds, or if you think some money is due to you from your bankruptcy, contact the OSB by phone/fax or email.

About Licensed Insolvency Trustees

Submitting a claim

You must submit the following documentation establishing entitlement to the claim:

  • Completed Affidavit Form.
    • Any handwriting added to the affidavit must be initialed by both the Commissioner for Oaths and the claimant.
    • Proof of address: The address included in the affidavit must be the address at which you were living at the time you filed for bankruptcy.
    • Extra pages or an Annex (if any) must be signed by both the Commissioner for Oaths and the claimant.
  • Completed Claim Form
  • .


The OSB retains the right to request additional documentation in support of an application for payment of an unclaimed fund and to refuse payment when inadequate documentation or proof has been submitted.

You may then forward the claim to:

Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy
Financial Services, Unclaimed Dividends Section
Leima Building
410 Laurier Avenue W, 3rd Floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 0H5

Date modified: