Directive No. 8R17, The Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act Forms
Issued: January 10, 2020
(This Directive amends Directive No. 8R16 issued on December 2, 2015.)
1. In this Directive,
"BIA" means the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act;
"Forms" means the forms under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act;
"OSB" means the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy.
Authority and Purpose
2. This Directive is issued pursuant to the authority of paragraphs 5(4)(c) and (e) of the BIA for the purpose of prescribing the form of certain documents required by the BIA and the information to be given therein.
3. This Directive amends the following BIA Forms to facilitate holding meetings of creditors by any mode of telecommunication or video communication:
- Form 50, Notice of Meeting of Creditors to Consider Consumer Proposal,
- Form 66, Notice to Bankrupt of Meeting of Creditors,
- Form 68, Notice of Bankruptcy, First Meeting of Creditors,
- Form 71, Notice of First Meeting of Creditors,
- Form 73, Notice of Bankruptcy and First Meeting of Creditors in Local Newspaper, and
- Form 92, Notice of Proposal to Creditors.
Coming into Force
4. Amended Forms 50, 66, 68, 71, 73 and 92 come into force on March 31, 2020.
Superintendent of Bankruptcy
- Date modified: