Governor in Council and ministerial appointments
A Governor in Council (GIC) appointment is one made by the Governor General, on the advice of the Queen's Privy Council of Canada (i.e., the Cabinet). The appointments are made through an Order in Council (OIC) and range from heads of agencies and chief executive officers of Crown corporations to members of quasi-judicial tribunals.
Candidates can create an account for GIC appointment applications. Once the account has been created, candidates will then be able to apply to opportunities when they are posted on the GIC Appointments website.
- NEW President, Destination Canada (Canadian Tourism Commission)
- NEW President, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council
- Chairperson and Members, Canadian Statistics Advisory Council
- Chairperson, Canada Foundation for Sustainable Development Technology
- Chairperson, National Research Council of Canada
- Commissioner of Competition, Office of the Commissioner of Competition 201711OCCP584-1
ISED Portfolio Ministerial appointment and nomination opportunities
A Ministerial appointment is made directly by the Minister. Interested candidates can apply to opportunities following the instructions in the Ministerial appointment or Ministerial nomination notice.
- Members, Women Entrepreneurship Strategy Expert Panel, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Director (Ministerial nominee), Council of Canadian Academies
- Date modified: