Governor in Council and ministerial appointments
ISED Portfolio Governor in Council appointment opportunities
A Governor in Council (GIC) appointment is one made by the Governor General, on the advice of the Queen's Privy Council of Canada (i.e., the Cabinet). The appointments are made through an Order in Council (OIC) and range from heads of agencies and chief executive officers of Crown corporations to members of quasi-judicial tribunals.
Candidates can create an account for GIC appointment applications. Once the account has been created, candidates will then be able to apply to opportunities when they are posted on the GIC Appointments website.
- New - President, National Research Council of Canada 201711NRC398-1
- New - Chief Statistician of Canada, Statistics Canada, 201701STACAN531-1
- New - Commissioner of Competition, Office of the Commissioner of Competition 201711OCCP584-1
- New - Superintendent, Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy Canada, 201711OSB34-1
ISED Portfolio Ministerial appointment and nomination opportunities
A Ministerial appointment is made directly by the Minister. Interested candidates can apply to opportunities following the instructions in the Ministerial appointment or Ministerial nomination notice.
- There are currently no appointment or nomination opportunities
- Date modified: