Jobs in 5G
Help connect Canadians and build Canada's wireless 5G future
We're the Spectrum and Telecommunications Sector at Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED). We're Canada's spectrum regulator, which is a fancy way of saying that we help make wireless work for Canadians. From policy to engineering to enforcement, we do it all.
We cover every aspect of spectrum and the telecom market:
- We negotiate international agreements at major telecom events.
- We research and set the standards for devices.
- We check for interference and enforce all the rules.
- We oversee programs for digital inclusion, literacy and access.
- We offer a wide variety of programs to make sure Canadian consumers and communities have the skills and access to leverage the benefits of the digital economy.
- We run auctions, develop policy, draft regulations and more!
There's lots of work and, with 5G on the way, lots of variety!
Join our team!
The world is increasingly connected, and wireless technology is an important part of making that happen. So we've got lots to do behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly.
Sound exciting? Want to help? Then take a look at our current job openings and jump aboard the 5G train. We've got various job opportunities—some with a bit of travel—involving lots of interesting technology.
The Government of Canada offers:
- a competitive salary
- training opportunities
- career development
- work-life balance
Do you have a question? Don't see any current vacancies but would like to apply anyway? Contact us at email@example.com!
What is 5G?
- Date modified: