Certificate of Independent Bid Determination
The attached Certificate of Independent Bid Determination has been developed by the federal Competition Bureau for use by tendering authorities when calling for bids, tenders or quotations. The purpose of this document is to deter bid-rigging by requiring bidders to disclose, to the tendering authority, all material facts about any communications and arrangements which the bidder has entered into with competitors regarding a tender call.
Purchasing authorities are encouraged to use this document, or a similar one of their own design, when buying goods or services through a competitive process. The Bureau believes that the use of this type of document will help to discourage bid-rigging and can ultimately facilitate the prosecution of suppliers for offences under the Competition Act. Purchasing authorities who choose to use this form should recognize, however, that it does not guarantee that bid-rigging will be eliminated or that all offenders will be successfully apprehended and prosecuted.
If you are a bidder and a tendering authority requires you to submit a written confirmation that your bid has been developed independently from your competitors, you can use the Certificate of Independent Bid Determination and send it directly to the tendering authority. If you have any questions, please contact the tendering authority responsible.
If you are a tendering authority and have questions concerning the use of the Certificate of Independent Bid Determination, please contact the Bureau.
Certificate of independent bid determination
I, the undersigned, in submitting the accompanying bid or tender (hereinafter "bid") to:
(Corporate Name of Recipient of this Submission)
(Name and Number of Bid and Project)
in response to the call or request (hereinafter "call") for bids made by:
(Name of Tendering Authority)
do hereby make the following statements that I certify to be true and complete in every respect:
I certify, on behalf of: that:
(Corporate Name of Bidder or Tenderer [hereinafter "Bidder"])
- I have read and I understand the contents of this Certificate;
- I understand that the accompanying bid will be disqualified if this Certificate is found not to be true and complete in every respect;
- I am authorized by the Bidder to sign this Certificate, and to submit the accompanying bid, on behalf of the Bidder;
- each person whose signature appears on the accompanying bid has been authorized by the Bidder to determine the terms of, and to sign, the bid, on behalf of the Bidder;
- for the purposes of this Certificate and the accompanying bid, I understand that the word "competitor" shall include any individual or organization, other than the Bidder, whether or not affiliated with the Bidder, who:
- has been requested to submit a bid in response to this call for bids;
- could potentially submit a bid in response to this call for bids, based on their qualifications, abilities or experience;
- the Bidder discloses that (check one of the following, as applicable):
- the Bidder has arrived at the accompanying bid independently from, and without consultation, communication, agreement or arrangement with, any competitor;
- the Bidder has entered into consultations, communications, agreements or arrangements with one or more competitors regarding this call for bids, and the Bidder discloses, in the attached document(s), complete details thereof, including the names of the competitors and the nature of, and reasons for, such consultations, communications, agreements or arrangements;
- in particular, without limiting the generality of paragraphs (6)(a) or (6)(b) above, there has been no consultation, communication, agreement or arrangement with any competitor regarding:
- methods, factors or formulas used to calculate prices;
- the intention or decision to submit, or not to submit, a bid; or
- the submission of a bid which does not meet the specifications of the call for bids; except as specifically disclosed pursuant to paragraph (6)(b) above;
- in addition, there has been no consultation, communication, agreement or arrangement with any competitor regarding the quality, quantity, specifications or delivery particulars of the products or services to which this call for bids relates, except as specifically authorized by the Tendering Authority or as specifically disclosed pursuant to paragraph (6)(b) above;
- the terms of the accompanying bid have not been, and will not be, knowingly disclosed by the Bidder, directly or indirectly, to any competitor, prior to the date and time of the official bid opening, or of the awarding of the contract, whichever comes first, unless otherwise required by law or as specifically disclosed pursuant to paragraph (6)(b) above.
(Printed Name and Signature of Authorized Agent of Bidder)
- Date modified: