Instructions for completing Form 17 - Articles of Dissolution


You are providing information required by the CBCA. Note that both the CBCA and the Privacy Act allow this information to be disclosed to the public. It will be stored in personal information bank number IC/PPU-049.

There is no fee for this service.

Item 4

Indicate if the corporation is applying for a dissolution under section 210 or 211 of the CBCA. Check only one box.

  1. Subsection 210(1) of the CBCA applies to a corporation that has not issued any shares.
  2. Subsection 210(2) of the CBCA applies to a corporation that has no property and no liabilities.
  3. Subsection 210(3) of the CBCA applies to a corporation that has discharged its liabilities and distributed its property, following a special resolution of the shareholders to dissolve the corporation.


To apply under section 211 of the CBCA, a corporation must have previously filed a Form 19 - Statement of Intent to Dissolve and must have been issued a Certificate of Intent to Dissolve by Corporations Canada.

Item 5

State the first and last name, the address and occupation of the person who will be liable to produce the documents and records of the dissolved corporation under section 225 of the CBCA. If the person, or their contact information, changes within the six years after the dissolution date, Corporations Canada must be advised in writing.

Item 6

This form must be signed by a director or authorized officer of the corporation.

How to submit

File online: Online Filing Centre

By email:

By facsimile: 343-291-3409

By mail:
Corporations Canada
235 Queen Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0H5

For more information

Date modified: