Computers for Schools also provides students and recent graduates with paid, practical on-the-job experience in refurbishment centres across Canada.
The Technical Work Experience Program (TWEP) supports the Career Focus component of the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.
Computers for Schools has refurbishment centres in every province and territory except Nunavut.
TWEP helps young Canadians gain hands-on experience with information and communications technologies providing valuable work experience. Participants in this program will repair and refurbish computer equipment, sort and test computer software and prepare and package computers for shipment.
If you are interested in participating, you must be:
- between 15 and 30 years old
- able to demonstrate skills achievement at the post-secondary level
- a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
- legally entitled to work in Canada, and
- not currently receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
Contact your local CFS representative to find out how to apply.
- Date modified: