Application for Funding: National Technology Centre
Thank you for your interest in the Application for Funding: National Technology Centre. Please note that the application process is now closed as the deadline to submit a proposal was July 30, 2018.
The Computers for Schools program plays an important role in increasing access to technology for Canadian youth, communities and low-income Canadians by providing the skills and tools they need to take advantage of a modern digital world.
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) is seeking applications from organizations to be the National Technology Centre for the Computers for Schools program.
The National Technology Centre is expected to:
- Collect used computer equipment from the federal public service in the National Capital Region (NCR)
- Undertake computer refurbishment and its distribution to Computers for Schools (CFS) Affiliates
- Provide skills development and work experience to youths.
- Development of standards and new and innovative refurbishment practices to be shared.
- Ensure that equipment deemed not useable is recycled through registered Canadian recyclers.
Eligible Recipients are not-for-profit organizations legally incorporated or registered in Canada.
Eligible recipients must be able to demonstrate their expertise and capabilities to manage, develop and implement the proposed activities in Canada, but which require a contribution to achieve their objectives.
- The attraction, collection and refurbishment of donated surplus computers; their distribution to CFS affiliates across Canada; and the transfer of program-generated e-waste to approved recycling organizations;
- Development of standards and new refurbishment practices to be shared;
- Development of an outreach strategy to the Federal Departments in the National Capital Region to maximize engagement and donations in the CFS Program; and
- Provision of work experience and employability skills for youth interns of diverse backgrounds and genders in the CFS intern program through their participation in the refurbishment process, project management or promotion and marketing.
Your funding proposal must also clearly demonstrate that:
- Your proposed initiative meets the objectives of the program in terms of target audience and content
- With program funding, your organization will have the resource capacity and expertise, either internally or through partnerships, to successfully deliver the proposed initiative, and
- You can deliver the proposed initiative within the program timeframe
How to apply
To request that an Application Package be sent to you by email, please click the Request an Application Package link below.
The deadline to submit an application is July 30th, 2018, 11:59 PST.
For general questions and comments, please contact the program.
Telephone (toll-free in Canada): 1-800-328-6189
Telephone (Ottawa): 613-954-5031
TTY (for hearing-impaired): 1-866-694-8389
By email: email@example.com
Business hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Computers for School
C.D. Howe Building
235 Queen Street, 1st floor, West Tower
Ottawa, ON K1A 0H5
- Date modified: