Partnership and Engagement Opportunities
Partnerships are fundamental to the success of the Computers for School plus (CFS+) Program. As we build on our 25 years of success, we recognize the key role that individuals, schools, communities, governments, not-for-profit organizations and private sector partners play.
While there are many ways to get involved, CFS+ Affiliates, Computers for Success Canada and the National Technology Centre help by encouraging donations, refurbishing old equipment and distributing digital devices and accessories to the next generation seeking to learn and work in today’s digital economy.
Getting involved with CFS+ starts with a conversation. We encourage prospective partners to reach out to your Local CFS+ Affiliate or our national program headquarters.
Did you know the CFS+ program accepts more than just electronic equipment?
We also accept:
- Community engagement (helping spread the word)
- Collaborative digital skills programming
- Transportation of donations to warehouses and to recipients (in particular to rural and northern communities)
- Warehouse space
- Advertising support
- Board Members from across the country and different communities
CFS+ Affiliates are typically responsible for providing the following CFS+ services to their local communities:
- Refurbishing digital devices and distributing them to schools, libraries, not-for-profit organizations, Indigenous communities and eligible low-income Canadians;
- Ensuring that unusable equipment is sent to certified Canadian recyclers.
- Providing skills development and work experience to youth and under-employed young adults;
- Date modified: