Consultations and Discussions
From: Canadian Intellectual Property Office
CIPO uses consultations and discussions to solicit feedback on changes to legislation, regulation, practice and operational issues.
The consultations are open to the public and guidelines outline the process we use when conducting these consultations.
There are no current consultations.
- Share your experiences in the filing of patent applications and pre-filing disclosures
- Share your views on the proposed change to the refusal and review process for industrial design decisions
- Public consultation on draft topics for the new Patent Rules in the Manual of Patent Office Practice
- Public consultation on new and updated Trademarks Opposition Board's practice notices
- Public Consultation on the new Manual of Patent Office Practice Chapter 17 section on pharmaceutical solid forms
- Public Consultations on the New Industrial Design Office Practice Manual
- Public consultations on the proposed Patent Rules (December 2018)
- Public Consultations on the Proposed Patent Rules (August 2017)
- Consultation on revised Manual of Patent Office Practice Chapter 12: Subject-matter and Utility
- Public Consultations on the Proposed Trade-marks Regulations
- Public Consultations on the Proposed Industrial Design Regulations
- Consultation on the new Manual of Patent Office Practice Chapter 17 section on medical kits
- A Governance Framework for IP Agents
- Fee-for-service proposal—Trademarks and patents
- Consultation on principles guiding the harmonization of substantive patent law
Consultations older than three months are found in the archives.
Diagnostic Methods Working Group
- Activity report for the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO)/Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) Diagnostic Methods Working Group
Modernizing the IP Community
- Date modified: