Release notes for industrial design online services
From: Canadian Intellectual Property Office
Information on updates and changes to industrial design online services.
Search all industrial design applications
Apply to register an industrial design
Release updates (December 15, 2020, at 7:00 a.m. [EST])
Update to requirements to add or amend a convention priority.
Release updates (November 17, 2020, at 7:00 a.m. [EST])
Correction to requirements to add or amend a convention priority.
Added the ability to amend an application
(January 23, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. [EST])
You can now respond to an office action and amend an existing industrial design application electronically. Items that can be amended include:
- Finished article
- Amend/Withdraw a priority claim
Send questions or comments related to industrial designs
Get messages and notifications from the Industrial Design Office
Authenticate yourself with the Industrial Design Office and manage who can access your E-Mailbox
Pay maintenance fees for industrial design applications and registrations
Release updates (November 9, 2020, at 8:30 a.m [EST])
Modernized industrial design certificates
Changes to industrial design correspondences (September 2, 2020, at 7:00 a.m. [EDT])
- New Acknowledgment of Receipt Letter: CIPO introduced a new letter that will serve as an acknowledgement of receipt of the International Registration upon its publication on the International Designs Bulletin
- Statement of Grant - Registration Package: CIPO will now include the remainder of the registration package for all courtesy copies of the statement of grant sent to the agent before CIPO.
Various changes to industrial design correspondence (June 4, 2020, at 8:30 a.m. [EDT])
- Registration package: CIPO reviewed and streamlined the registration package hoping to increase certainty and eliminate any of the confusion created by the inclusion in the package of a copy of the application as filed.
- Courtesy copies for international registrations: Courtesy copies of the Statement of Grant of Protection and the Notification of Refusal pertaining to an International Registration will now be sent to the agent appointed before CIPO, in addition to the International Bureau.
- Date modified: