- New IP Agent Search tool now available to help businesses find registered agents
[2019-08-07] The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) launched the new IP Agent Search tool to help our clients and innovators find registered trademark and patent agents who can assist them in protecting their intellectual property (IP).
- Canada has formally ratified the Patent Law Treaty
[2019-07-30] Canada has formally ratified the Patent Law Treaty, marking a significant milestone towards the Patent Law Treaty implementation on October 30, 2019. This is it the last of five IP treaties that Canada will have implemented in less than one year.
- Canada is modernizing its patent regime to implement the Patent Law Treaty, and the new Patent Rules will come into force on October 30, 2019.
[2019-07-10] News item to inform all external CIPO web users of the publication of the new Patent Rules in the Canada Gazette, Part II and the coming-into-force date of the new Patent Rules to implement the Patent Law Treaty
- The revised guide to industrial designs is now online
[2019-06-28] The Canadian Intellectual Property Office has published an updated guide to industrial designs. The guide is intended to clarify the importance of industrial design rights, application requirements and the registration process both in Canada and through the Hague System.
- New online resources for Canadian businesses available in IP Academy
[2019-06-26] As part of its intellectual property (IP) foundations series, the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) launched two new online resources in its IP Academy this month.
- Improvements to CIPO patent search tools and databases
[2019-06-03] A brief description of updates made to the patent search databases to provide quicker access to patent information, and how these changes will affect intellectual property professionals.
- Update on electronic funds transfers
[2019-04-23] From now on, electronic funds transfers must be made through the Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec
- CIPO releases its Annual Report 2017–2018: Helping make Canada a global centre of innovation
[2019-02-01] The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) Annual Report for 2017–2018 was tabled in the House of Commons on January 30, 2019.
- Date modified: