Language selection


Request for certificate of correction

From: Canadian Intellectual Property Office

If a clerical error was made in preparing your copyright application or registration document, you can apply for a certificate of correction.

Address changes are not entered in the Register of Copyrights but will be noted in Copyright Office records for the convenience of searches.

Filing the request

You may ask for a certificate of correction in several ways:


How you pay your fee

Notice for current deposit account holders

To link your Industry Canada username to your online deposit account, you must contact the Finance, Integrated Planning and Administration Branch by email or by phone at 819-994-2269.

To set up a new deposit account or to recover a forgotten username or password, please visit My ISED Account.

System and browser requirements

Please review our system and browser requirements to make sure you have the correct versions.


Get the form

Updates to the grant of request for certificate of correction form

CIPO is introducing an updated look and feel to the copyright request for certificate of correction form.

On February 8, 2018, the form will be updated so it can comply with the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat's Standard on Web Accessibility.

Please direct any questions or comments you may have regarding the changes to the Request for Certificate of Correction form to the CIPO Client Service Centre.

Access the secure request for certificate of correction form.

Date modified: