Request for certificate of correction

If a clerical error was made in preparing your copyright application or registration document, you can apply for a certificate of correction.

Address changes are not entered in the Register of Copyrights but will be noted in Copyright Office records for the convenience of searches.

Filing the request

You may ask for a certificate of correction in several ways:


How you pay your fee

  • You may pay the fee for the certificate of correction using a credit card or by deposit account for online and fax requests and by credit card, deposit account, postal money order or cheque for requests sent by mail.
  • There is no fee for clerical errors made by CIPO.

Notice for current deposit account holders

To link your Industry Canada username to your online deposit account, you must contact the Finance, Integrated Planning and Administration Branch by email or by phone at 819-994-2269.

To set up a new deposit account or to recover a forgotten username or password, please visit My Industry Canada Account.

System and browser requirements

Please review our system and browser requirements to make sure you have the correct versions.


Get the form

Access the secure request for certificate of correction form.

Date modified: