Fees – Integrated Circuit Topographies
From: Canadian Intellectual Property Office
Check fees for filing an application, transferring an interest and for other services.
fee adjustment: On , the fee for the filing of an application for registration of a topography will increase by 2%, in accordance with the Service Fees Act. Note that not all fees are subject to the annual adjustment.
As a result, the amount shown in the Tariff of Fees of the Integrated Circuit Topography Regulations (the Regulations) may not be up-to-date.
The fee amount that you must pay for the filing of an application for the registration of a topography depends on the date on which the fee is received by the Registrar of Topographies, not the date on which the service was originally requested. For example, if you file an application before January 1 but a filing date cannot be granted because the prescribed fee was not paid, the amount you need to pay will depend on the date on which the Registrar of Topographies receives the payment. If the payment is received after January 1, you will need to pay the adjusted fee for the new year.
List of fees
Below are the up-to-date fee amounts.
Filing an application
- Filing an application:
2020 Fee: $204.40
2021 Fee: $208.49
Amending an application
- Amending an application in accordance with a request made pursuant to subsection 20(1) of the Regulations:
Registering a transfer or licence
- Entering in the register particulars of a transfer of an interest or grant of a licence affecting a registered topography pursuant to subsection 21(1) of the Act:
Amending or making a new entry in the register
- Amending an entry in the register or making a new entry therein pursuant to subsection 21(1) of the Act:
Amending a certificate of registration or issuing a new certificate
- Amending a certificate of registration or issuing a new certificate, pursuant to subsection 19(4) of the Act, for the purpose of correcting a typographical or clerical error made as a result of incorrect information supplied by the applicant:
Provision of copies
- Providing a copy of a document, of entries in or extracts from the register, or of any material referred to in Section 26 of the Regulations, for each page measuring 21.5 cm x 28 cm (8 1/2 inches x 11 inches) or less:
- Providing a certified copy of a document referred to in subsection 15(2) of the Act, other than a certified copy made under Rule 318 or 350 of the Federal Courts Rules:
- Date modified: