Registration and renewal of trademarks
From: Canadian Intellectual Property Office
Maintaining the registration for 10 years.
Warning: scam notices related to patents or trademarks
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) is aware of various scam mail or email being sent to holders of patent and trademark registrations. Protect yourself! Find out more about non-CIPO solicitations and learn how you can report it.
1. Before you begin
If you are a new client, you must create a username and password with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada. Go to My ISED Account to set up a secure account.
You may pay any fee using a credit card or by deposit account.
If you are an agent...
Activate your ISED username by contacting the Trademarks Operations section by phone at 819-997-2590, or by fax at 819-953-2476. Do not contact us if it is already activated.
Note: It is important that you give the Formalities section your ISED username exactly as you applied for it. It is case-sensitive and must be recorded exactly as it was applied for.
2. Access the registration and renewal online services (you must log in)
Sign in with your username and password at My ISED Account.
You should review our system requirements and information summary to make sure you have the appropriate software.
3. Services available
You may use this web application to:
- pay the registration fee (for applications filed prior to ); and
- renew your trademark registration
A glossary of terms and their functions is available to help you.
Note: You will have to log onto My ISED Account to access this document.
4. After you register or renew
You will be able to view the following items online:
- registration certificate
- renewal certificate
We will send all other communications to you by regular mail.
The registration certificate and the registration page are available online. However, all further correspondence related to the registration must be done by regular mail.
- For assistance with your username and password, contact the Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada help desk.
- For questions related to CIPO’s applications, or to get a user guide, please contact the Client Service Centre.
- To report a technical problem, please complete the technical problem report form.
- Date modified: