Order IP documents
From: Canadian Intellectual Property Office
It is possible to order a copy or a certified copy of any specific document or the complete file for the following products:
- Canadian Patent documents
- Applications open to public inspection 1 and granted patents
- Canadian Trademark documents
- Applications and registered files
- Canadian Industrial Design documents
- Applications 2 and registered files
- Canadian Copyright documents
- Registrations and assignments
Copies and certified copies can be ordered from the Client Service Centre. See the products, fees and response times for more information.
- Cheque (payable to the Receiver General)
- Credit card (VISA, Master Card, American Express)
- CIPO deposit account 3
- Regular mail
- Pick up
1 Non laid open applications, Canadian PCT applications not yet published through WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) and patent applications filed prior to October 1st 1989 are available only to the applicant or the applicant's agent, unless authorization in writing is received by the Office from the applicant or the applicant's agent allowing someone else to obtain them.
2Canadian Industrial Design application are available only to the applicant or the applicant's agent, unless authorization in writing is received by the Office from the applicant or the applicant's agent allowing someone else to obtain them.
3 See the Payments and Fees - Deposit Accounts for more information
- Date modified: