From: Canadian Intellectual Property Office
Open a deposit account
To open a CIPO deposit account, fill out the deposit account form.
Send the form by email to CIPO's Finance and Administration Directorate.
Replenish a deposit account
You can add funds to your CIPO deposit account via debit card, cheque/money order or wire transfer using the Fee form.
You can also replenish your deposit account using your bank`s bill payment service.
Note: Postdated cheques are not accepted.
Online banking instructions
To transfer funds online from your Canadian bank to your CIPO deposit account, follow these steps:
- Visit My ISED Account to create an account, to retrieve a lost or forgotten user name or password or to update your ISED account.
- Contact CIPO Finance and Administration Directorate to link your ISED user name to your CIPO deposit account statement. Your request must include your name and/or firm's name, CIPO deposit account number and ISED user name.
- Log in to your online banking account and add CIPO as a recipient in the bill payment section. Please note CIPO might appear as Canadian Intellectual Property Office, Office de la propriété intellectuelle du Canada or a similar name.
- Use the 10-digit number available on your online statement.
- Transfer an amount of money.
Note: It can take from one to three business days for CIPO to receive the funds.
Close a deposit account
When requesting the closure of your CIPO deposit account, the request must be made on company letterhead to be accepted.
To close a deposit account, clients have the following options:
- Complete the Fee form and remit by fax, mail, in person or email to CIPO Accounts Receivable.
- Complete the close a deposit account form and remit by fax, mail, in person or email to CIPO Accounts Receivable.
- Send an email to CIPO Accounts Receivable.
- Date modified: