Industrial design registration – filing online
If you're producing distinctive-looking new products, you'll want to learn about industrial designs and find out about registering your designs.
When to file
If your design has never been published, there is no time limit for filing an application. If your design has been published, you must file within 12 months of publication or you will lose your exclusive rights to the design.
Fees apply in the following situations:
- For an application to register an industrial design: item 1(a) of the fees page
- For each page of drawings more than 10 pages: item 1(b) of the fees page
- For maintenance of a registration of a design: item 2 of the fees page
- For a request for a faster examination of an application to register a design: item 12 of the fees page
How to pay your fees
You may pay using a credit card or by deposit account.
System and browser requirements
Please review our system and browser requirements to make sure you have the correct versions to be able to use our online filing services.
With the My ISED Account (secure server), you can:
- log in to access electronic services
- set up a new account
- recover a forgotten username or password
If you do not already have an ISED account, you will need to create one.
Period of inactivity
For security reasons, you will be automatically logged out of the system after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Notice for current deposit account holders
To link your deposit account to your login username, you must contact the Finance and Administration Directorate by email or by phone at 819-994-2269.
Login to the industrial design e-filing application
- For help with your username and password, contact the ISED Help Desk.
- For questions related to CIPO applications, or to get a user guide, please complete the general enquiry or publication request form.
- For issues with the website, please complete the technical problem report form.
- Date modified: