Proposed Patent Rules
How to provide your submission
This consultation is currently closed.
Your input is important to us and will be reviewed and considered to further develop the Patent Rules. All comments received will be considered public.
Please send your comments and feedback by:
- email to email@example.com
- indicating in the subject line: Patent Rules
CIPO will only consider submissions that:
- are related to the current consultations and the proposed amendments to the Patent Rules
- pose a question, issue or complaint, based on a reasonable argument and/or facts
- provide comments on the proposed amendments or the consultative process
We will not consider submissions that:
- relate to the recent legislative changes to the Patent Act
- are outside the scope of these consultations
- use inappropriate language, or are defamatory
- are in contravention of the Privacy Act or the Access to Information Act
You will receive an automatic confirmation acknowledging receipt of your submission. We will review
everything we receive but please note that the automatic confirmation is the only correspondence that you will receive from us unless we need further clarification regarding your submission.
Submissions on the proposed Patent Rules can be forwarded to CIPO from December 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018
A consultation report will be posted on our website following the close of the consultation period.
If you have any questions regarding these consultations or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Client Service Centre
Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn for the latest developments.
We thank you for your time and interest
- Date modified: