Archived — Research summaries
The summaries reflect the views of the authors and no responsibility for them should be attributed to Industry Canada or the Government of Canada.
If you have general enquiries, please contact us.
- Canada and Its Competitors in the U.S. Market: A Mixed Report Card for an Optimist—Archived, By Ram Acharya and Fahreen Velji.
- International Competition, R&D Investment Patterns, and Endogenous Sunk Costs in Canada and the United States, 1987–2002—Archived, By Daniel Ershov.
- Inward FDI and Productivity Performance in Canadian Industries: Does the Country of Origin Matter?—Archived, By Eric C.Y. Ng and Malick Souare.
- Impacts of Structural Changes in the Canadian Economy—Archived, By Ronald Hirshhorn.
- Management and Productivity in Canada: What does the Evidence Say?—Archived, By Nicholas Bloom.
- Unbundling Canada's Weak Productivity Performance: The Way Forward—Archived, By Andrew Sharpe.
- Canadian Policy Responses to Offshore Outsourcing—Archived, by Daniel Trefler.
- Role of FDI in the Canadian Economy: A Synthesis of Empirical Research—Archived, by Someshwar Rao, Malick Souare and Weimin Wang.
- General Business Panel Survey: Content Recommendations—Archived, by Marc Duhamel and Ignatius Horstmann.
- Commercializing University Inventions: Are Canadians Less Productive than Americans? Evidence from Survey Data—Archived, by Ajay Agrawal.
- Impact of FDI Restrictions on Inward FDI in OECD Countries—Archived, by Madanmohan Ghosh, Panagiotis Syntetos and Weimin Wang.
- Does FDI Accelerate Economic Growth? The OECD Experience Based on Panel Data Estimates for the Period 1980–2004—Archived, by Madanmohan Ghosh and Weimin Wang.
- Private and Social Rates of Returns to R&D in OECD Countries: How Different Are They across Industries?—Archived, by Ram Acharya.
- Competition, Innovations and Productivity: A Critical Review of Recent Literature and Synthesis—Archived, by Malick Souare.
- Role of Competition in the Canada-U.S. Productivity Gap: Empirical Evidence from Industry Panel Data—Archived, by Malick Souare.
- Formal and Informal Barriers to Foreign Direct Investment in the Telecom Sector—Archived, by Ronald Hirshhorn.
- Investment Restrictions in the Financial Services Sector—Archived, by Edwin Neave.
- Competition Intensity in Canada: A Critique of Recent OECD Findings—Archived, by Stéphane Crépeau and Marc Duhamel.
- The Robustness of International Benchmarks of Competition Intensity: The Case of Mark-ups—Archived, by Stéphane Crépeau and Jeffrey Peter.
- Recent Doctoral Graduates in Canada and the U.S.A.: Indicators from the Canadian and U.S. Surveys of Earned Doctorates—Archived, by Daniel Boothby.
- Firm Size and Research and Development Expenditures: A Canada-U.S. Comparison—Archived, by Thitima Songsakul, Bernice Lau and Daniel Boothby.
- Foreign Direct Investment Trends: A Canadian Perspective—Archived, by Ram Acharya and Someshwar Rao.
- The Impact of Cross-Border Acquisitions on Headquarter and Headquarter-related Activities in Canada—Archived, by Ronald Hirshhorn.
- Research Papers Prepared for March 2007 Human Resources and Social Development Canada-Industry Canada Roundtable on Internal Trade—Archived.
- Technology Adoption, Training and Productivity Performance—Archived, by Daniel Boothby, Anik Dufour and Jianmin Tang.
- Impediments and Facilitators of Technology Adoption and Diffusion. A Literature Survey of the Last 10 Years—Archived, by Johannes Van Biesebroeck.
- Canada and U.S. Outward FDI and Exports: Are China and India Special?—Archived, by Madanmohan Ghosh and Weimin Wang.
- Benchmarking Indicators of Innovation—Archived, by Marie Lavoie.
- The Evolution of the World's Technology Frontier, 1973–2002—Archived, by Ram Acharya and Wolfgang Keller.
- What Explains the Canada-U.S. Capital Intensity Gap?—Archived, by Someshwar Rao, Jianmin Tang and Weimin Wang.
- Canada's Productivity in Goods Production and Services in International Comparative Perspective, by Robert Inklaar, Marcel Timmer and Bart van Ark.—Archived
- What Explains the Canada-U.S. TFP Gap?—Archived, by Someshwar Rao, Jianmin Tang and Weimin Wang.
- Productivity, Business Practices and Advanced Technologies in the Canadian Manufacturing Sector—Archived, by Anik Dufour, Alice Nakamura and Jianmin Tang.
- Benchmarking Structure-Conduct-Performance Indicators of Competitive Intensity in Canadian Industries—Archived, by Henry Thille.
- Vertical Linkages and Innovation—Archived, by Gamal Atallah and Hong Ding.
- Unbalanced Industry Demand and Supply Shifts: Implications to Economic Growth in Canada and the United States—Archived, by Anik Dufour, Jianmin Tang and Weimin Wang.
- The Impact of Foreign Ownership on Aggregate R&D Intensity: A Critical Review of the Empirical Evidence—Archived, by Donald McFetridge.
- Research and Development Composition and Labour Productivity Growth in 16 OECD Countries—Archived, by Ram C. Acharya and Serge Coulombe.
- Policy Responses to the New Offshoring: Think Globally, Invest Locally—Archived, by Daniel Trefler.
- Date modified: