Do not ship your device to Measurement Canada until requested to do so.
Include with your shipment:
- a copy of your completed type approval request form
- a page containing:
- the project number assigned to your application by Measurement Canada
- a list of the devices and auxiliary devices in the shipment, including their model and serial numbers
- your full return shipping address
- the name of your shipping carrier
- the method of shipment
- your account number with the shipping carrier
- instructions for the disposal of each device and auxiliary device in the shipment after testing has been completed
The project number assigned to your application by Measurement Canada must appear on:
- all devices, auxiliary devices, documentation, software and hardware that is part of the shipment
- the packaging and packing slip
Shipments that do not include the assigned project number will be returned freight collect.
The shipping container:
- must be reusable so the device can be easily repackaged
- should be built with screws (not nails) since they cause less damage when opening the container
Measurement Canada is not responsible for damage to the shipping container if the shipping container is nailed closed or requires disassembly to remove the item(s) it contains.
Devices shipped in non-reusable containers will not be processed until you have arranged return packaging.
You must make sure that:
- your shipment complies with all customs and importation requirements
- you have prepaid all applicable customs and importation costs
- you have prepaid all shipping costs
- you have arranged for the device to be returned to you
- you have sent all paperwork (waybill, commercial invoice and any other related forms) to the attention of Shipping and Receiving Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before shipping arrangements are made, Measurement Canada's shipping department will only pack the items and provide you with the dimensions and weight of the package.
Consult the Canada Border Services Agency's checklist to ensure you are aware of all customs and importation requirements and fees and charges that apply to your shipment.
- Date modified: