Approval requirements for electricity meters
It is your responsibility to make sure that your electricity meter meets all applicable requirements before you apply for type approval. Applications for devices that do not meet the requirements will be rejected according to the non-compliance policy.
Review the specifications that apply to electricity meters:
- Specifications for approval of type of electricity meters, instrument transformers and auxiliary devices
- Specification for the approval of type of electricity meters and auxiliary devices—amendments to Measurement Canada specification LMB-EG-07
- Specifications for Approval of Physical Sealing Provisions for Electricity and Gas Meters
- Specifications for the Approval of Software Controlled Electricity and Gas Metering Devices
- Specifications Relating to Event Loggers for Electricity and Gas Metering Devices
- Policy Decisions and Interpretations Related to Specification LMB-EG-07
- Policy on Demand Measurement Established Using a Demand Interval Length Other Than the Programmed Demand Interval Length
This list is only a guideline. Review the complete listing of electricity laws and requirements for details.
- Date modified: