Archived — Rosangela Giacobetti
Year: 2013 — Province: British Columbia
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
Munchkin Land Family Daycare
6084 Malvern Avenue
Burnaby, British Columbia V5E 3E8
Email: Rosangela Giacobetti
Type of setting: In-home multi-age childcare for 1 to 12 years
Philosophy of care
There is never a dull moment in Munchkin Land. Rosangela Giacobetti's classroom creatively changes with the seasons and her insightful and innovative ideas lead her children to explore and appreciate life from the smallest of flowers.
Support of child development
- Giacobetti provides her students with a wide assortment of open-ended objects and to explore at their own pace. With no right or wrong way, children experiment, master skills and discover what motivates them.
- Through careful observation, Giacobetti is able to identify specific interests and build short or long-term projects that are uniquely catered to her children. Together, they have investigated worms, learned about families, explored the Pyramids and discussed topics such as power, good and evil.
- Children also learn from Giacobetti's garden, where they select and plant seeds, tend the garden, harvest the fruit/vegetables and eat the results.
Involvement with parents, families and the community
- Communication is important to Giacobetti. She keeps in touch with parents daily via e-mail, sending photos and updates of what their child's adventures that day. She also keeps a notebook for each child with updates about their day, including meals, naps, etc., that keep parents at ease.
- Giacobetti organizes neighbourhood walks to the local library, mailbox and grocery stores to allow her children to socialize and explore the world around them. This allows the children to get to know some of the key figures in their neighbourhood: garbage truck drivers, the mail carrier and some of the teachers from the local elementary school.
- In addition, Giacobetti connects with other daycare and programs so that her students can socialize other children.
I totally trusted Rosangela the minute I saw her. I believed in her ability to take excellent care of my child. I felt good leaving my daughter under Rosangela's care. It allowed me to give myself totally to my work and free my mind, which was a wonderful thing.
My son is almost two and he has completely adjusted to daycare and loves his time there. He has grown to be a very creative, happy, smart boy and I think Rosangela has helped shape these qualities in him.
- Date modified: