Archived — Christine MacLeod
Year: 2013 — Province: British Columbia
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
Wee Kids Family Day Care
7418 - 118th Delta
Delta, British Columbia V4C 6G4
Email: Wee Kids Family Day Care
Type of setting: Family childcare for 1 – 12 years
Philosophy of care
"I can't" attitudes don't have a place in Christine MacLeod's day care. MacLeod works with her children to always find a way to succeed. She takes the time to engage directly with parents daily, regularly shares resources and information about local workshops, and offers support and guidance.
Support of child development
- MacLeod offers a range of activities to get children of all backgrounds and ages interacting with one another. Children are taught to look out for each other and genuinely care for their community.
- One of MacLeod's children received a Rotary Club award for his intervention in a bullying situation.
- MacLeod organizes a annual coming-of-age trip to her cottage for her children. Together they develop a budget, create a food plan, establish a route and determine entertainment for their car trip.
Involvement with parents, families and the community
- MacLeod and her older children participate as a team in the Canadian Cancer Society's Relay for Life. They raise awareness and participate in fundraising events to celebrate survivors and remember loved ones who had cancer.
- MacLeod organizes regular "Moms' Night Out" evenings throughout the year to establish open lines of communication between moms.
- For the last two years, MacLeod has been investing in a plot at the local community garden to work with the children to map out the garden, shop for seeds, and plant and cultivate the garden.
Over the past three years, I have experienced firsthand Christine's dedication to, and affection for, children. Despite my children presenting several difficult challenges at Wee Kids, she never gave up on them or us as a family.
Over the past few years, we have seen tremendous growth in [our son]'s emotional, social and cognitive development. We know that this is in many ways a direct result of the expertise and care Christine has provided to both him and us as parents.
- Date modified: