Archived — Recipient Bios
Year: 1998 – Province: Quebec
Certificate of Achievement Recipients
Colette Roussel , Jean Marmette , Johann Pichette , Michel Desbiens
School: École secondaire de Rochebelle
Principal: Michel Tremblay
School website: www.fse.ulaval.ca/csdd/ie3/
Grades/Subjects Taught: Secondary English, French, history, physics
Create interdisciplinary studies to help students develop
- methodological work habits
- language skills
- critical-thinking skills and the ability to express themselves clearly
- personal discipline, autonomy and responsibility
- team spirit.
Use new technology to help students
- develop positive attitudes towards technology
- acquire advanced information-handling skills
- adapt to change.
Created integrated program for approximately 200 students:
- students have created two imaginary villages. Approaching the subject from various disciplines, they created scale models, software presentations and oral presentations about these towns.
- to date, two of six projected towns have been completed: a village of the future and a Quebec village circa 1853.
Created a researchers' association for students. To qualify for membership, a student must present the idea for a research project for approval, carry it out, present results and write up a report.
"The interdisciplinary project was certainly one of my most memorable experiences in high school. So, despite the long hours and numerous obstacles, I consider it to be a very rewarding and worthwhile project." Student
"The teachers convinced the students to take on a major project and succeeded in maintaining their enthusiasm." Parent
- Date modified: