Archived — Recipient Bios
Year: 1998 – Province: Quebec
Certificate of Achievement Recipients
School: Centennial Regional High School
Principal: Len Davis
Grades/Subjects Taught: Secondary moral and religious education, math, reading and computer science
- Include awareness of values and morals when teaching problem-solving and decision-making. "Many decisions have a values dimension."
- Explore values as an important part of the educational process, particularly in a multicultural milieu.
Developed Moral and Religious Education Toolkit, an interactive multimedia CD-ROM of educational materials suitable for Protestant, Catholic or secular moral and religious education (MRE) programs:
- serves as a valuable pedagogical tool for MRE teachers, who frequently have little training or expertise in this area, and struggle to locate suitable instructional material
- contains innovative, creative lesson plans, notes, learning activities and test questions designed or compiled from a wide range of sources, the manuscript of an MRE textbook, and list of MRE-related websites
- distributed 85 copies at cost throughout Quebec to school boards and private schools; led workshops and presentations to educators.
Involved students in creating this successful product: locating websites, developing artwork, desktop publishing, creating video clips. Work led to launch of web page competition and developed class computer experts.
- Date modified: