Archived — Recipient Bios
Year: 1998 – Province: Ontario
Certificate of Achievement Recipients
Sholom Eisenstat , Tito Faria
School: Don Mills Collegiate Institute
Principal: Miriam Pearlman
Grades/Subjects Taught: Secondary visual arts design, principles of design and computer graphics, co-op career exploration, computer studies and computer problem solving, communications technology and technology support
- Take chances and do things in a different way or with a new twist.
- Involve students in their own learning. School should not be a spectator sport for students.
- Integrate technology into the curriculum.
- Create challenges that bridge courses and integrate subject matter.
- Devise problems that require creative solutions but allow students to work in a nurturing and safe environment.
Developed several major school programs, including:
- CyberARTS _ a program integrating visual arts and technology that focusses on project-based and real-life activities and produces experienced graphic artists and animators sought after by industry
- North York Board of Education's information technology initiative, which led the way for the introduction of technology into North York schools in all areas of the curriculum
- G8 Birmingham youth summit.
Established partnerships with several leading technology companies.
School recognized as an Apple Computer School of Distinction.
- Date modified: