Archived — Recipient Bios
Year: 1999 – Province: Quebec
Certificate of Achievement Recipients
School: Polyvalente des Baies
Principal: Jean-Claude Cormier
Grades/Subjects Taught: Music
- Create exciting projects to draw students into music.
- Use flexible lesson plans that allow the teacher to follow up on areas that students respond to.
- Push students to surpass expectations and give their all.
Established guitar group, unique at that point in Quebec. He arranged music set for other instruments so the students would have pieces to play.
Students have won numerous awards:
- stage band placed second at the All-American Music Festival in Florida
- junior stage band won its category at the St-Hubert jazz festival
- stage band took first place at the Prix Essor (a province-wide competition) in 1996, 1998 and 1999
- guitar group won gold medal at Montréal Jazz Festival.
Created and directed several musicals, including, most recently, Le rock voisine la Bolduc, which included 82 music and dance numbers.
Wrote a music instruction series for flute, xylophone, guitar and voice.
- Date modified: