Archived — Recipient Bios
Year: 1999 – Province: Quebec
Certificate of Excellence Recipients
School: École Victor-Thérien
Principal: André Desjardins
Grades/Subjects Taught: Math, French, art, social science, natural science and information technology
- Plan all teaching activities to convey one central message to students: "You can do it!"
- Give students the confidence, motivation, self-esteem and skills they need to succeed.
- Give students practical skills that will be useful in the working world.
- Led her Grade 3 students as they set up Enterprises Ordi-Scan, a company that used computer technology to reproduce photos and artwork on surfaces such as t-shirts. This project was later honoured by the Concours québécois en entrepreneurship.
- Led her students through the exploration, adoption and use of technology for the new business. This included not only the scanning technology but also business, banking and accounting software. The students covered every aspect of starting and running a business, from setting up schedules to writing a promotional jingle.
- Students perform exceptionally well in departmental exams.
- Continued to expand her qualifications, recently adding training in neuro-linguistic programming and psychology and updating her technology qualifications.
- Built successful relationships with private sector companies to allow her students to learn about high-tech businesses.
- Date modified: