Archived — Graeme Wilson and Michael Haworth
Year: 2003 – Province: British Columbia
Certificate of Achievement Recipients
School: Fraser Valley Distance Education School
49520 Prairie Central Road
Chilliwack, British Columbia V2P 6H3
Principal: Peter Brown
School Telephone: 604-794-7310
School Fax: 604-795-8480
School website: www.fvdes.com
Teacher Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Website: www.fvdes.com/grade7
Grades/Subjects Taught: Grades 6-10/math, science, language arts, social studies, art, information technology
Encourage the use of technology to extend and expand students' abilities.
Messrs. Wilson and Haworth pioneered a new synchronous online technology called the Radio Play Project with Mr. Wilson's grade 7 class and Mr. Haworth's grade 6 class. The classes use an online virtual classroom to both read and write their own radio plays.
Mr. Wilson's exemplary achievements include:
- writing and designing Everest Trek, an online creative writing adventure.
- creating an electronic grade book for teachers that generates report cards, certificates, office forms and comments.
- facilitating the online participation of international student from Dubai.
Mr. Haworth's exemplary achievements include:
- designing a secondary website template for all Fraser Valley staff, enabling them to create online courses.
- creating an online spelling contest for students.
In Praise Of:
"One can safely state that every student in this school district has benefitted tremendously from the inspiration and leadership he (Mr. Wilson) has given." - Past recipient
"Michael is a true visionary and has helped all of our teachers attain a greater competence with online curriculum development." - Grade 6 teacher, Fraser Valley Distance Education School
"The online radio play project that Mr. Haworth and Mr. Wilson have developed is typical of the zest for teaching and learning that Mr. Haworth inspires in all those around him. Mr. Haworth and Mr. Wilson are master teachers." - Past recipient
- Date modified: