Archived — Ahmed Bensaada
Year: 2006 – Province: Quebec
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
School: École secondaire
11600, Boulevard de L'Acadie
Principal: Ginette Rioux
School Telephone: 514-596-5285
School Fax: 514-596-5508
School website: www.csdm.qu.ca/ladauversiere/accueil.htm
Grades/Subjects Taught: Grade 4, Physical Science 430/470
- Uses innovative and efficient ways to integrate ICT in the classroom to illustrate and reinforce teaching methods.
- Integrates new world strategies and problem solving with traditional teaching methods to provide students with multiple teaching styles.
- Uses interactive projects to involve parents and the community in the learning of each child. He uses the school's website to act as a meeting place for students, parents and members of the community to exchange ideas and information.
- Runs and maintains a web page called "Animated Science," where students create and maintain projects online for fellow students, teachers and administrators to see.
- From 1999 to today, over 1700 students, 58 classes, 15 teachers, 7 schools and 2 countries have been exposed to Mr. Bensaada's "Animated Science" website.
- Mr. Bensaada's students have won 28 prizes or scholarships at the CSDM Festival of Science.
- In 1999, Mr. Bensaada won a Montreal Scholastic Commission Award for Teaching Excellence.
- In 2006, Mr. Bensaada is being followed by a team from the Department of Educational Sciences from the University of Montreal to document the development of his Quebec-Vietnam project.
- The project "Animated Science" has been used in various international teaching exhibitions including SIDA, the Academy of Versailles, and the Pedagogical Expertise Center.
- In 2005, Mr. Bensaada attended a Project Conference in Hanoi, Vietnam to speak to multiple professors and teachers about his various achievements and projects.
- Mr. Bensaada has had works published in a variety of teaching and science journals including "Spectre."
"Mr. Bensaada has been equally successful at achieving a high level of professional achievement as he has been at sharing his work with fellow colleagues so that, in the end the students receive the best possible instruction." -Professor
"As a president of the parent advisory committee, I can attest to Mr. Bensaada's exceptional teaching techniques which have lead our students tocreate some of their best work. Between the students' success at the Science Expos to the high quality of their class projects, Mr. Bensaada is a testament to the high level of teaching at l'École La Dauversiere." - President, Parent Advisory Committee
"During class time in Science, we are not limited by simply learning the material upon which we will be tested. In fact, we analyze, decompose and learn subject material far better than through a textbook due to a peculiar teaching method used by Mr. Bensaada in his classes. He encourages and pushes us to explore science on our own. Using the computer frequently throughout our learning helped us to research and improve our studies." - Student
- Date modified: