Year: 2016 – Province: Quebec
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
École secondaire Jean-de-Brébeuf
1640, 8e Avenue
Québec, Québec G1T 3N5
Grades and subjects taught: Music, primarily in secondary 1, 4 and 5
Twenty-two years of music, dedication and inspiring projects. André Garneau gives all his students the experience of a lifetime: learning with precision, discipline, teamwork and above all pleasure.
André Garneau encourages his students not only to give the best of themselves in their personal efforts but also to excel by taking part in competitions and concerts and by working collaboratively within musical groups.
- Organizes a music camp each year to prepare for various competitions and concerts for wind bands in Concentration music.
- Initiated an email communication pilot project with the parents of secondary 1 and 2 music students project, the school administration extended the project to the entire first school cycle.
- Had a recording studio set up in the Concentration music room allowing students to familiarize themselves with sound processing and music writing software.
- Accompanies his students to national and international music competitions every year. At the 2015 Heritage Festival in Boston, his secondary 4 and 5 wind band won the trophy that was awarded to the group that obtained the best results in the festival.
- Set up a large film music concert for which students worked both on their musical performances and on preparation, video tape production, advertising and technical support.
"He was able to take me beyond what I thought was possible and his method was extremely simple: he gave me all his trust and suggested amazing challenges to me."
"As a student, André is a teacher you would want to have and for whom you are prepared to give your best; as a colleague, André is the teacher you would like to become one day; as a student's mother, he is the one to whom you would gladly entrust your most precious possession."
- Date modified: