Year: 2016 – Province: Quebec
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
École primaire Montagnac
570, chemin du Tour-du-Lac
Lac-Beauport (Québec) G3B 0W1
Grades and subjects taught: 5th year home-room teacher
When the parents of former students keep getting involved in a teacher's projects, year after year, they have been infected with contagious passion! And that passion is the engine that makes Marc-André Perron an extraordinary teacher.
Theatre and entertainment strategies as vectors of learning: that is how Marc-André Perron approaches teaching. Through play, he equips his students and gives them confidence in their ability to learn and succeed.
- Set up an innovative theatrical project — Ora prisonnier du temps—which allows students to cover academic materials while learning to play, to work as a team and to manage a heavy workload.
- In conjunction with the local newspaper, publishes a piece each month on outstanding students in his class.
- In addition to his classroom duties, he is responsible for his school's grade 6 extracurricular theatre company, Les Mousquetaires, as well as two groups that make up the Mecum theatre company of the École secondaire des Sentiers.
- Used his writing talents to create more than 10 plays promoting messages that speak to young people. These works make up his personal library and are made available to the school board. He has thus become a resource in this discipline.
- Gets involved outside of school by giving private enrichment classes and attending hockey matches, tournaments and competitions in which his students take part.
- Was nominated for the Forces AVENIR Award and won the Pierre-Garon Award, the borough of Charlesbourg's highest cultural award.
"Marc-André's leadership creates awareness and independence, allowing children to develop solutions for managing their learning; he teaches them life".
"Mr. Perron perfectly represents the vision that every member of our organization tries to embody: encourage the greatest number of students to succeed by mobilizing, innovating and inspiring them."
- Date modified: