Steve Julien : Le « Mini-Wheat » de l'enseignement des sciences!
Year: 2019 — Province: Quebec
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
Secondary 2, 4 and 5 (science and chemistry)
École Beaurivage, Saint-Agapit, Québec
"He is a versatile man who knows how to get the job done and to modulate his efforts to create maximum impact with young people and colleagues."
— A colleague
Steve Julien is a born popularizer, a facilitator, a motivator, a mentor, a leader, a role model and an avid educator who uses his "serious side" to support struggling students and his "fun side" to create light-hearted vignettes that elicit enthusiasm during student-teacher hockey games.
Steve believes that a classroom should be a place where kindness, discipline and intellectual curiosity prevail. His dynamic approach and his desire to create a bond with each student have transformed his classroom into a place where everyone can flourish.
STEM in the Classroom
- Always ready for new challenges, he was the first teacher at the school to replace his blackboard with an HD TV controlled by a computer or tablet.
- He is always working on science displays and demonstrations that will strike the imagination of his students to enhance their learning.
- Steve takes advantage of various resources available outside of school such as CEGEP Garneau's Centrede démonstrationen sciences physiques, CHUL's Centre de recherche en infectiologie, and participation in the Génial show!
- Every 2 years, Steve and his science team organize a science week that includes an astronomy evening and building competitions related to boats and other structures.
- To help his students prepare for emergency situations, he introduced a CPR program for Secondary 3 which has been offered for 15 years and has been launched province-wide.
- Steve runs a chemistry competition where several schools from Eastern Quebec participate and where one of his students has finished in the top three every year.
- He spearheaded the Programme d'accueil et d'intégration des enseignants, a program that integrates Beaurivage school teachers with less than 5 years of experience. The program has elicited a lot of interest from other schools in the Commission Scolaire Des Navigateurs.
- Steve was very involved in establishing a hockey school program that teaches young people about discipline and accountability.
Get in touch!
1134, rue du Centenaire
Saint-Agapit, QC G0S 1Z0
- Date modified: