National Maritime Information Database/MMSIs
Information on obtaining a Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) or Maritime Identity (MI):
- Form A – Ship station with VHF/DSC only, unlicensed radio
- Form B – Ship station with a radio licence
- Form C – Craft associated with a parent ship (lifeboats, life rafts)
- Form D – Ship station group
- Form E – Coast station
- Form F – Search and rescue (SAR) aircraft
- Form G – AIS aids to navigation (AtoN)
- Form I – Maritime Identity Application Form: Hand-held VHF Transceivers with DSC and GNSS Not Associated with a Ship Station or Vessel
- Form J – Maritime Identity Registration for Various Portable Devices
- MMSI cancellation form
The National Maritime Information Database (NMID) is a dynamic database containing details (such as vessel/station name, vessel owner name, vessel tonnage, emergency contact name, address and telephone numbers, etc) of Maritime Mobile Service Identities or MMSIs assigned to Canadian vessels and coast stations by Industry Canada.
For inquiries regarding MMSIs, please contact your nearest Industry Canada district office. Completed MMSI applications should be submitted to the district office in person, by regular mail, email or fax. To determine which Industry Canada office is nearest to you, please consult Radiocommunication Information Circular 66, Addresses and Telephone Numbers of Regional and District Offices (RIC-66), found at http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf01742.html.
- Date modified: