Archived — Notice No. SMSE-008-03
Department of Industry
Notice No. SMSE-008-03 — Amendment to Procedures CB-01, CB-02, CB-03, DES-CB and REC-CB relating to the Recognition of Certification Bodies
Notice is hereby given that Industry Canada is amending the following publications:
- Amendment No. 2 to CB-01, Issue 1: Requirements for Certification Bodies; clarifications on the application process in Section 5 were made as well as editorial changes in Appendix II pursuant to the CB-02 amendment.
Issue 2: Recognition
Criteria, and Administrative
and Operational Requirements
Applicable to Certification
Bodies for the Certification
of Radio Apparatus to Industry
Canada's Standards and Specifications.
This amendment includes:
- The replacement of the checklist in Appendix I by an Assessment Guidance document;
- Clarifications and editorial changes to the accreditation requirements (Section 5);
- Clarifications and editorial changes to the certificate information and listing of certifications requirements in Section 6;
- Removal of Section 6.2 related to subcontracting;
- Clarification of Open Area Test Sites (OATS) requirements (Section 6); and
- Addition of new information on how to keep in touch with the Department and on the process to address complaints.
- Amendment No. 2 to CB-03, Issue 1, Requirements for the Certification of Radio Apparatus to Industry Canada's Standards and Specifications; a change was made to Section 7.1 to remove possible confusion; as well, clarification was made to the OATS requirements in Section 8.
- Amendment No. 1 to DES-CB, Issue 2: Procedure for the Designation of Canadian Certification Bodies by Industry Canada; clarifications to the designation requirements and the content of the covering letter were made as well as a change to the application form in Appendix 1.
- Amendment No. 1 to REC-CB, Issue 1: Procedure for the Recognition of Foreign Certification Bodies by Industry Canada; clarifications on the application process in Section 5 as well as the addition of a checklist in Appendix II were made.
The amendments above become effective as of the date of the publication of this notice. Applications that were prepared using the previous version of Appendix I of CB-02 will be accepted providing it can be demonstrated that the accreditation evaluation process took place prior to the publication of these amendments.
Interested parties should submit their comments no later than February 12, 2004. Shortly after the close of the comment period, all comments received will be posted on Industry Canada's Spectrum Management and Telecommunications Web site at: http://www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Respondents are requested to provide their comments in electronic format (WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF or ASCII TXT) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org along with a note specifying the software, version number and operating system used.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Deputy Director, Telecommunication Engineering and Certification, Industry Canada, 300 Slater Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0C8.
All submissions should cite the Canada Gazette, Part I, publication date, the title, and the notice reference number (SMSE-008-03).
Copies are available electronically on the Spectrum Management and Telecommunications Web site at: http://www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Official printed copies can be obtained from the Canada Gazette Web site at: www.gazette.gc.ca/index-eng.html or by calling the sales counter of Canadian Government Publishing at 819-941-5995 or 1-800-635-7943.
November 20, 2003
Spectrum Engineering Branch
- Date modified: