Transfer of Spectrum Licences Held by Public Mobile Inc. (Public Mobile) to TELUS Communications Inc. (TELUS)
February 27, 2014
1. On December 20, 2013, TELUS submitted a request that Industry Canada approve the transfer of four (4) spectrum licences from Public Mobile to TELUS.
2. The proposed transaction triggers an assessment under the Framework Relating to Transfers, Divisions and Subordinate Licensing of Spectrum Licences for Commercial Mobile Spectrum (Transfers Framework).
3. The capitalized terms not defined in this transfer decision have the meaning set out in the Transfers Framework.
4. The transfer of the spectrum licences from Public Mobile to TELUS, as set out in Annex A, is approved.
5. On October 23, 2013, the Department approved a Deemed Transfer of Public Mobile’s spectrum licences to TELUS after assessing the request against the policy objectives and the criteria set out in the Transfers Framework. The decision can be found at http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf10716.html.
6. The current request involves the transfer of licences between Affiliates as part of an internal reorganization and will not result in any change in spectrum concentration.
7. Consequently, the Department has determined that the Transfer of the spectrum licences set out in Annex A would not significantly impact the ability of existing and future competitors to provide service in the relevant areas.
|Tier||Service Area Name||Personal Communications Service (PCS) Block||Licence Number|
|2-006||Eastern Ontario & Outaouais||G||5080661|
- Date modified: