Transfer of Spectrum Licence Held by Latitude Wireless Inc. (Latitude) to Bell Mobility Inc. (Bell Mobility)
Posted on Industry Canada website: May 1, 2014
Licence Transfer Decision
1. On January 9, 2014, Bell Canada Enterprises Inc. (BCE), Latitude and Bell Mobility submitted a joint Transfer Request to Industry Canada, requesting the transfer of a cellular spectrum licence in the Yukon Territory (excluding Whitehorse) between Latitude and Bell Mobility.
2. The proposed transfer triggers an assessment under DGSO-003-13, Framework Relating to Transfers, Divisions and Subordinate Licensing of Spectrum Licences for Commercial Mobile Spectrum (Transfers Framework), which was published in June 2013.
3. The capitalized terms not defined in this transfer decision have the meaning set out in the Transfers Framework.
4. The Licence Transfer from Latitude to Bell Mobility, as set out in Annex A, is approved.
5. The Licence Transfer was assessed against the policy objectives and the criteria set out in the Transfers Framework.
6. Industry Canada notes that the Transfer Request was made in the context of an internal reorganization and that the transaction will not result in any change in spectrum concentration.
7. The Department has determined that the requested Licence Transfer of this spectrum licence will not impact the ability of existing and future competitors to provide services given that there will be no change in the post-transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence area.
|Telephone Service Area||Service Area Name||Cellular Block||Licence Number|
|Tel-072||Yukon Territory less Whitehorse||B1
- Date modified: