Deemed Transfer of Spectrum Licences held by 7140282 Canada Inc. and ALO Mobile Inc. to Telehop Agencies Inc. (Telehop)
Posted on Industry Canada website: May 23, 2014
Deemed Transfer Decision
1. On February 28, 2014, 7140282 Canada Inc., ALO Mobile Inc. and Telehop submitted a joint request to Industry Canada for approval of a Deemed Transfer of two spectrum licences in the Advanced Wireless Service (AWS) band — one licence for Huntsville, Ontario and one for Dawson Creek, British Columbia (the "Licences") — to Telehop, as set out in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of CPC 2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. The capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC 2-1-23.
4. The Deemed Transfer of the Licences from 7140282 Canada Inc. and ALO Mobile Inc. to Telehop is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and the criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Industry Canada notes that the transactions will not result in a change in spectrum concentration.
7. The Department has determined that the Deemed Transfer of the Licences would not impact the ability of existing and future competitors to provide service in the relevant areas.
- Date modified: