Posted on Industry Canada website: March 29, 2018
1. On November 20, 2017, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received an application for the transfer of one spectrum licence in the cellular band from Bruce Telecom to Bruce Telecom Ontario Inc., both wholly owned by the Corporation of the Municipality of Kincardine. The licence is in the TEL-022 area (Port Elgin) and is described in annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Transfer of the licence held by Bruce Telecom to Bruce Telecom Ontario Inc. described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. ISED notes that the Licence Transfer will not result in a change in spectrum concentration in the licence area.
7. ISED has determined that the requested Licence Transfer would not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services given that the transfer will not significantly change the post-transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence area.
|Licence number||Expiry date||Frequency range (MHz)||Geographic area|
|Tel-022 Port Elgin|