Deemed transfer decision
1. On May 9, 2018, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received an application for the deemed transfer of two spectrum licences in the personal communications services (PCS) band held by i-MobileCa as the result of a change in control. The licences are in Tier 4-101 (Kirkland Lake, Ontario) and TEL-082 (Sept-Îles, Gaspé, Rimouski and Beauce, Quebec) and are described in annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Deemed Transfer of the licences held by i-MobileCa is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. ISED notes that the Deemed Transfer will not result in any change in spectrum concentration in the licence areas.
7. ISED has determined that the requested Deemed Transfer will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services in the affected licence area.
|Licence number||Expiry date||Frequency range
|010287475-001||March 31, 2023||1885-1890
|010284299-001||March 31, 2023||1880-1885
Sept-Îles, Gaspé, Rimouski and Beauce