October 12, 2018
1. On September 13, 2018, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received an application for the transfer of a single spectrum licence in the Advanced Wireless Services (AWS-1) band in North Bay, Ontario, from Bragg Communications Inc. (doing business as Eastlink) to Bell Mobility Inc. (Bell). The licence is described in annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Transfer of the licence from Eastlink to Bell described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. ISED notes that the Licence Transfer will not result in a significant change in spectrum concentration in the licence area. Furthermore, the requested AWS-1 Licence Transfer involves spectrum that is not currently being used to provide services and will offer Bell an opportunity to put such spectrum to use for the benefit of all Canadians.
7. ISED has determined that the requested Licence Transfer will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services given that the Transfer will not significantly change the post-transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence area.
|Licence number||Expiry date||Frequency ranges (MHz)||Geographic area|
|010282409-001||December 14, 2018||1735-1740