Decision regarding the subordinate licence
1. On June 22, 2018, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received an application for the issuance of a subordinate spectrum licence in the Personal Communications Services (PCS) band from Rogers Communications Canada Inc. (Rogers) to SSI Micro Inc. (SSI) in Tier 2-014 (Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut ). The primary licence is described in annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The subordinate licence application from Rogers to SSI described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. ISED has reviewed the agreement between Rogers to SSI and notes that, for the subordinate licence requested, the primary licensee retains control of its spectrum licence.
7. Approval of this subordinate licence does not change the overall distribution of spectrum holdings in the relevant licence area, and allows SSI to enhance its network in the North. ISED has determined that the subordinate licence would not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services in Tier 2-014.
|Licence number||Expiry date||Frequency range (MHz)||Geographic area|
|010286713-001||March 31, 2031||1970 – 1975
1890 – 1895
Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut