Transfer of spectrum licences held by RuralCom Corp. to TNW Wireless Inc.
1. On June 11, 2018, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received an application for the transfer of two spectrum licences in the cellular band from RuralCom Corp. to TNW Wireless Inc., both wholly owned by Investel Capital Corp. The licences are in tiers 2-013-004 and 2-014-001 (Northern British Columbia and Yukon) and are described in annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Transfer of the licences held by RuralCom Corp. to TNW Wireless Inc. described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. ISED notes that the Licence Transfer will not result in a change in spectrum concentration in the licence area.
7. ISED has determined that the requested Licence Transfer would not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services given that the transfer will not significantly change the post-transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence area.
|Licence number||Expiry date||Frequency range (MHz)||Geographic area|
|010288961-001||March 31, 2021||829.5 – 854.75
874.5 – 890.75
Inside Passage and Alaska Hwy,
|010288971-001||March 31, 2021||829.5 – 854.75
874.5 – 890.75
Alaska Hwy, Yukon
- Date modified: