Deemed transfer of spectrum licences held by Birch Hill Telecom Corporation to Birch Hill Telecom Quebec Corporation
Deemed transfer decision
1. On September 11, 2018, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received an application for the transfer of four Cellular (800 MHz) licences held by Birch Hill Telecom Corporation (Birch Hill Telecom) to Birch Hill Telecom Quebec Corporation (Birch Hill Telecom Quebec) as a result of a proposed internal reorganization of the Birch Hill group of companies. The Licences are described in annex A.
2. The Transfer of licences and Deemed Transfer application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Deemed Transfer of the licences held by Birch Hill Telecom is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. ISED notes that the Deemed Transfer will not result in any change in spectrum concentration.
7. ISED has determined that the requested Transfers will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services in the affected licence areas.
|Licence number||Expiry date||Lower frequency range (MHz)||Higher frequency range (MHz)||Geographic area|
|010285003-001||March 31, 2031||835||845||880||890||TEL-011
|010287019-001||March 31, 2031||835||845||880||890||TEL-009
|010287355-001||March 31, 2031||835||845||880||890||TEL-012
|010287877-001||March 31, 2031||835||845||880||890||TEL-015
- Date modified: