Subordination of a spectrum licence held by Rogers Communications Canada Inc. to SSi Micro Inc.
Decision regarding the subordinate licence
1. On July 25, 2018, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received a request to subordinate an AWS-1 licence to SSi Micro Inc. (SSi) from Rogers Communications Canada Inc. (Rogers) in the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut (Tier 3-059). The licence is described in annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The subordinate licence application from Rogers to SSi described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. ISED has reviewed the agreement between Rogers and SSi and notes that, for the subordinate licence requested, the primary licensee retains control of its spectrum licence.
7. Approval of the subordinate licence does not raise any spectrum concentration concerns as the concentration of spectrum in the licence areas will not be changed and will, therefore, have no impact on the ability of existing and future competitors to provide services.
|Licence number||Expiry date||Frequency range (MHz)||Geographic area|
|010283967-001||November 1, 2027||1710 – 1720
2110 – 2120
Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- Date modified: